Saturday 6 September 2008

sick for art

had a rather weird day today. the weather has been horrible!! raining all day, and night long!! and its still raining now! so the weather did not put me in a good mood today. anyway, after work i came home and chilled out with my parents and sister. later on, i started to sort some bits and pieces out as i am trying to get rid of lots of bit and pieces that i do not need anymore. and i was very happy to come across a few things i have not seen in quite sometime. i found my biscuit necklace which i made last year, which i have been looking for!! i always seem to find things when i am not looking for them. :) i love my biscuit necklace! it is a biscuit with a hole cut through, and then covered in glue..so simple, and it looks kinda odd, which i like.i also found my really cool white bracelet. it so pretty. i thought i had lost this!also today i found these; tucked away in my bookcase. they are air sickness bags from when i went to Florida a few years ago. they are have artwork on, which made me want to collect them! i never needed to use any on them on the plane, but ended up walking around the plane trying to find as many different ones as i could. these are just a few of my favourite ones that i got. don't you just think that they like the coolest things ever!! i love finding bits of art everywhere, and the stranger the better!! :)

13 comments:

beverley said...

that's so cool! I've never seen art on barf bags before. I also love the biscuit necklace! my good friend has a plastic one with a bite out of it. It has fake jam sandwiched in the middle of two flat biscuits. It's really neat.

Elisabeth Moody said...

link me, please.
and of course i will do the same.

poetryofthesenses.blogspot.com

p.s. don't get thrown off by the taky name

p.p.s love your blog.

esme and the laneway said...

Cool pics. And that biscuit necklace is amazing, and it hasn't disintegrated! Cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the biscuit necklace and that white bracelet!

I remember reading an article about those sick bags in a magazine (maybe Surface?) and I thought it was the coolest idea - the designs are unreal :D

ooohmaureen said...

thank you very much! i love your new posts! x

Jane said...

I am going to make more. I am making them to sell! :p anyways, if you're interested it's about 10-15cm big and $11(AUS) (postage included)
:)

lily said...

thanks for your comment (:
i like that biscuit necklace,
and also the other pics.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those bags are amazing, especially considering what they are! I really like the bracelet too.

jess said...

I love the necklace.does it go bad like attract bugs while your wearing it?

Anonymous said...

it was really rainy where i was too! i had went out when it was still pretty light (in flip flops, cause i'm stupid) and came home at 7 soaked.
that biscuit necklace is pretty cool, hope the mice don't find it!

Anonymous said...

Genious biscuit necklace! The bracelet is nice too. Wow, cool sickness bags. I think more plains should have that, it'll probably make people try harder not to throw up.

Lauren said...

the biscuit necklace is sort of cute!

Alice M. Huynh said...

i really love that cooki necklace! thats fantastic!
maybe im going to copy your idea ;9
but i think im too lazy and too clumsy to do things liek that Xd

love, alice.