Tuesday 8 September 2009

are you a bright young thing?

i like being outside sometimes....me and dad tried to write down our top 10 movies...EVER. its quite hard..i thought it was going to be easy...but then i just got hard, because, it doesn't have to be ones you really like now, it has to be your ALL TIME top films. have a go...i am still trying to work mine out. of course garden state was number one, and it will always be number one. man, i love that film. i do feel it changed me a little. this movie has the most amazing soundtrack..LOVE.my other favorite movies include the wonderful and amazing, bright young things- i have the giant crush on Stephen Campbell Moore..still. ah he is lovely...sorry i have a giant smile on my face..he he. oh plus the movie has Emily Mortimer, Fenella Woolgar, David Tennant, Michael Sheen, and James McAvoy. a fab fab fab cast, all of which i love.my lovely close friend Kay has JUST got in to twilight, and loving Robert pattinson..(i am glad i was a fan of his long ago). because she has been talking to me about it, i have decided to re-read twilight and new moon again...for the goodness knows time. ah its lovely starting from the beginning. i do love the first book, with its ups and downs. i have rather bad bed hair in this photo...i think it was rather late.i finished watching How to Be rather late last night/early this morning. i really did like it. i am in love with how Robert pattinson acts in it, it reminded me of his character in the TV programme bad mother's handbook.sorry i have not replied to your lovely comments, and looked at your wonderful blogs. i will do tomorrow when i have a little more time. if you haven't already, and want to sign up for the pay it forward project, that would be great! i am now off to watch bright young things. :)

11 comments:

lina said...

ohh! i need to do that. hmmm i think princess bride, pride & prejudice, & the science of sleep would be on my list so far. i NEED to see how to be! i don't think it is out in the u.s. yet...but i'm not quite sure... i think i was going to say more, but i forgot... hehe. : )

delicate diaries said...

oh i love being outside.. xxxx

Nessie McInness said...

aww garden state.
i watch it at least every month with my boyfriend.
we both get our dvds ready (him in england, me in portugal), press play at the same tiem, and watch it together^^


it really never gets old^^

Sylvia said...

I need to see those movies! I hadn't even heard of Garden State before. As far as my list goes...Shawshank Redemption is definitely high up there!

Anonymous said...

haven't seen garden state. something i've been meaning to do but never got around to i guess...

the darjeeling limited is definitely on my list...though i'd have to think about the other list makers...

Wonderlander said...

Ah Garden State- you know how I feel about that film! <3

Bright Young Things- didn't Stephen Fry direct or write that?

let us know your final list when you settle on one!

xx

The Curious Cat said...

It is VERY hard to come up with your top ten. I've got a blog entry I'm due to post sometime which addresses just 'your favourite movie of all time' because I tried to do a top ten and I struggled as well.

I love how your fav film is Garden State. I will always remember the day I watched that film. It was a magical day. My boyfriend and I stepped outside to go have dinner and the heavens opened half way down the road. The rain was so fierce we had to stand still under our umbrella as otherwise we would be drenched. Then we realised the lightning was directly above us so we ran like crazy until we hit an italian restaurant to take shelter. The owner, seeing how drenched we were gave us free coffee and we sat there drying off. Later, when it had stopped raining we went for dinner and then returned to his house, light some candles, put on comfy tracksuit bottoms and snuggled up to watch the film as the rain started up again. It doesn't sound that amazing but the film really fit the mood and yes, I loved the soundtrack - completely. I remember that day with startling clarity...

Anonymous said...

hello :)

i put the pay it forward post up on my blog s we shall see what happens... one person was interested but she comes from iceland... and i've had to limit it to the great isle of britain/ireland for i am poor :(

but the twilight books, i always get an urge to read them again, must have read them zillions of times now. i was thinking about watching the film again... and robert pattinson <3

your top ten movie thing, you should make into a tag, it would be pretty cool.

x

Hayley said...

favorite movies...EVER? that's so hard...

ONiC said...

i need to do the list too. fun post and nice ideas :]

Anonymous said...

Ahh!
I need to see all three of these movies now!