Saturday 24 September 2011

in the woods

i stole this ring from my friend...i say stole..more just said, "oh, that's awesome, can i have that?" for him to turn around and say "...um, yeah...if you want."


so just got back from my little woodland week away with my family. it was really nice as i went with my parents, grandparents and sister. it was god to escape for a while, just to be somewhere else. living within the trees always makes me think of twilight...and mainly because i first read the twilight series years ago on holiday in the same place.as well as chilling out, i had lots of random adventures. these included, going swimming, going to walks, playing cards and board games..and other cute things. mum, Victoria and me went to paint pieces of pottery again this year. i was thinking of doing another plate, but i walked in, and there on the shelf was a dalek staring back at me...needless to say i grabbed that.we also went to Longleat. i have not been there in a few years, but i was really looking forward to this little adventure. Longleat is such a wonderful place.we walked through and looked at lots of cute animals including meerkats (which my grandad loves, so he had a great time). i also held this:...its crazy, but i didn't feel scared at all. weird. i thought i would want to run away screaming...so if i spider appears in my room one night, i don't think i will be scared anymore after holding this one. we also went around the house, which as always was beautiful and made me want to live there, even though there are ghosts. we also ran into Lord Bath as he was taking his dogs out or in, and he said hello to us..that was pretty cool. i also went on a little tour to look at his murals, which were beautiful and gave you an insight to Lord Bath and his art. the whole place is just beautiful. the sun also came out that day for us. the rest of the holiday was spent laughing lots, drawing, taking photos, listening to my sister say the weirdest things in her sleep, playing lots of games of cards, drinking so much tea, eating so many sweets, watching glee while my family laugh at me for singing and squealing, watching tv late, all staying up until 3ish in the morning, talking to far away friends about up and coming plans next week, buying gifts for friends and just being me. its nice. i had such fun.

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

Ahhh, that dalek is superb. I wish there was a place nearby where I could paint pottery! :D

It all sounds (and looks) like a truly wonderful holiday. Those are the best.

Stay awesome, dear!
Much, much, love. <3

Bookish.Spazz said...

I'm so jealous that you got to paint a dalek!! My friends have a pottery place, but sadly they have no Doctor Who related items. :/

I LOVE your british adventures. They're the exact opposite of things I could do in Texas.

Natalie said...

I am so happy that I can now appreciate Doctor Who related things. :) AMAZINGNESS.

Basically everything in your life looks freaking awesome right about now. But holy crap, that spider is huge! Sounds like you had such a fun holiday. :D

Kensie said...

LOVE the Green Lantern ring! and the Dalek is amazing! you're so lucky that you found one to paint! i'm very jealous!

Sez said...

Love this, good to hear you had a great time. not long now till next weeks adventure!!!!! xx

lina said...

oh how fun this looks!!
what a neat adventure.
i love being in the woods.
i love the family photo.
& i can't believe you found a dalek to paint!! so awesome.
love your purse by the way!

shelbyisms said...

YOUR BAG IS SO CUTE, OH MY GOD.