Monday 12 January 2015

Life

Life is a funny thing. You spend most of your early life wishing you were older. Wishing you were old enough to drink, go to clubs, have people take you seriously, and so on. When you finally get older you realise it's not all what it's cracked up to be. You realise that those clubs aren't where you want to spend your time. Drinking isn't all that, and drinking lemonade can be just as fun. 

Then after a while you realise time is moving too quickly. You are losing people you love, and you are forced to grow up. Be an adult. And then you wish for the old days of no worries. I have been thinking about a lot of this recently. It's all been playing on my mind. I don't want to grow up. Parts of my life, I do want to be an adult. I am a happy person, who is finally happy with myself. I like what I like, and I am proud of that. I have friends you love me. They actually love me, silly old me. Sometimes I need to take a moment to tell myself this. But part of me wants to be young and care free. I wish for those days at art college, where things really didn't matter. You could just make art, and not have to worry. But maybe I do want to grow up. Life is good. Adult life can be great. Making art because I want to again, and it's for me. Not for a grade or mark or degree. It's for me.

I also need to tell myself to slow down. Life is wonderful and amazing, and it needs to be cherished, enjoyed and loved. I just need to take every day for what it is. Enjoy it all. Because I am lucky for each new day I get.  Another day to love, explore, enjoy, feel, share, emote, and have. Life is an adventure, let's just live it.

1 comment:

lina said...

this is beautiful, nicola. i love you so much. you hit the nail on the head with this post.